Program & Project Management
Provided the leadership to deliver global Programs and Projects across business units, markets, and plants globally. SEI manages a vast portfolio of projects and including implementing a governance model to manage priorities and resolve issues.
- Execute program management disciplines for the development of new solutions and services and have the overall responsibility for delivery of a group of inter-dependent projects.
- Manage the inter-dependent quality of a program by tight linkages, shared constraints, stakeholder conflict and the evaluation of competing priorities
- Ensures performance of constituent projects within the program against schedule, budget, and expected deliverables
This includes the leap into eCommerce, and the evolution of todays social networking solutions.
EA Roadmap and Blueprinting
SEI Enterprise Architect’s supports the investment decision-making process to support the organization’s mission and strategies. This includes both identifying candidate programs and also identifying defects in governance, which cause the organization not to achieve is mission.
- Measures and models the current business processes to determine if the processes meet the organization’s mission and strategies, and if and how well the current IT systems enable and support the rocesses.
- Enterprise Blueprints – creating a notional design for an upgrade to replacement of an existing IT system, or the creation of a new system to more optimally support the organization’s processes, strategies, and mission
- Business Case Development – determining the potential value of creating a new or updating an existing IT system. For those projects that management funds, the Enterprise Architect will later use the metrics of this business case to determine if the implementation project met the objectives as outlined in the business case.
Enterprise Strategy Analysis
This is about the integration and interaction of all of the processes and the governance supporting those processes. SEI considers all aspects of what impacts the Enterprise and develops a strategy for execution
- Business Process Measurement and Modeling – is the process of determining if and how well the organization’s processes meet the organization’s mission and strategies, how well the organization’s processes support those strategies, and if and how well the IT systems support the processes.
- Clearly identifying Changes in the Enterprise to meet the organization’s changing business requirements
- Building a record of good IT investment decisions
This requires a good understanding of both the customer’s requirements and the system architecture
- Maintaining the currency of the Enterprise
- Changing to meet a changing organizational environment
- The timeliness and cost of maintenance is not justified to management unless it can help with decision-making
- Identifying Disruptive Technology (Technologies that either challenge the organization or provide organizational opportunities)